Join a growing company.
Tunnel Radio creates leading-edge technologies that serve the needs of mining operations, oil and gas operations, railroads and industrial systems worldwide. From our Ultracomm® communications systems and MineAx® RFID tracking to our precise gas sensing and diagnostic and monitoring software, we offer technology that keeps our clients safe and operating efficiently.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws. We shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
We maintain a drug free work place that complies with federal law. New hires are subject to pre-employment testing, and some of our customers require tests for Spice and opiates.
Tunnel Radio pays 100 percent of employees’ medical, prescription and vision insurance, with dependent coverage available at employee expense. We also offer a tiered plan where employees may choose to have part of TR’s insurance contribution go to dependent coverage.
Tunnel Radio has an Employee Assistance Program and base life insurance, a Flexible Spending Account, a 401(k)k with a 3 percent dollar for dollar match and a half-percent match on the next 2 percent after a year of service, 100 percent vested upon deposit.
Tunnel Radio offers sick pay, competitive vacation pay, and nine paid holidays annually.
Business Development Manager
Tunnel Radio, a leader in underground communication technology for over 30 years, is seeking a growth-minded and results-oriented Business Development Manager to join its Sales team at its Corvallis, Oregon, location. Tunnel Radio’s mission is to provide the latest and best in wireless communications, data monitoring and tracking for hard-to-reach places and remote environments. To that end, the successful Business Development Manager will be focused on establishing, developing and managing strong relationships with new customers in Tunnel Radio’s core industries of Mining, Railroading and Infrastructure Development, as well as exploring opportunities in new verticals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• College degree preferred: Concentration in Business, Sales, Marketing or
Telecommunications; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well at all levels
in the organization.
• Polished presentation skills.
• Knowledge of 2-way radio systems
• Sales and business training
• Computer literate
• Valid driver’s license required
• Must be able to pass/maintain drug screen, which includes screening for
Marijuana use as allowed by federal law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Results oriented sales process: identify and qualify lead, identify the
decision makers, deliver sales presentation, negotiate for profitable sale,
• Business to Business Direct sales model.
• Establish and direct channel development activities
• Meet and exceed gross and net sales revenue goals established by the company
• Manage sales department personnel; direct activity and set sales quotas
• Travel: up to 50% required
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals
• Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules and
• Suggest and direct product R&D and standardization to meet customer
specifications and demand
• Monitor competitor products, sales, and marketing activities
• Represents company at trade shows/conferences to promote product
• Respond to this posting with cover letter stating why you would be a good fit
for this position, resume and salary requirements.
Senior Software Developer
Location: Corvallis, OR
Industry: Technology, Mining and Railroad
Manages Others: Not at this time, but may change
Job Type: Information Technology/ Software Engineering
Education: 4 Year
Degree Experience: At least 8 years
Reporting to the CEO, the role as Senior Software Developer will be designing, developing and supporting assigned applications. This position is a key member of the Tunnel Radio of America (TR) technical team that supports all aspects of the business. This is a functional as well as technical position and requires excellent communication skills with interaction with all levels of the organization.
Tunnel Radio builds and sells proprietary radio technology that allows radio signals to propagate underground, in areas such as mine shafts, railroad tunnels, etc. In addition to their primary function of radio signal enhancement and propagation, the Tunnel Radio devices within an installation can report their status information to a local aggregator which can, in turn, send that information to TRCentral, the customer-facing web portal in which Tunnel Radio systems are managed and overseen, a.k.a. the Tunnel Monitoring System (TMS). Conversely, TRCentral can perform field commands on devices through the TMS/TMI gateways, to accomplish activities such as firmware updates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in a technical capacity in all phases of the project life cycle including post-production support and on-going maintenance, including development of technical specifications, coding, debugging, testing and documenting all application programs.
- Participate and work with Functional Analysts in user interviews, feasibility analysis and assist in generating functional specifications.
- Work with internal and external business stakeholders to define and develop web applications, related reports and interfaces.
- Review and assess future application release functionality and related emerging technology to identify impact of upgrade to existing functionality base and integration.
- Responsible for integrations with both internally and externally developed applications.
- Ensure system enhancements follow the appropriate guidelines, meet or exceed user requirements and are completed in a timely fashion. Responsible for developing and maintaining documentation for technical manuals and reference material.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and maintain hardware and software test plans that defines all actions, deliverables, responsibilities and procedures to satisfy the user/customer quality and validation/qualification requirements.
- Maintain testing procedures required for new or changed processes in any application.
- Assist process owners in the preparation and on-going maintenance of process documentation (policies, procedures, narratives, control matrices).
- Provide technical assistance in application relational database management.
- Assist managers and others in the department when necessary.
- Within your purview, handle help desk issues reported by users.
- This position encompasses a wide range of responsibilities and can vary daily.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- BA or BS in Computer Science or 8+ years of related experience.
- Have 8+ yrs of IT experience that is specific to software- and web-development.
- Strong knowledge and experience in web development techniques, technologies and tools.
- A strong fundamental knowledge of and demonstrable experience in providing secure web applications that are available on the general Internet to authorized users.
- Implementation experience with a focus on change management and technology controls.
- A strong fundamental knowledge of and experience in Linux, or other Unix-like operating systems, and both the Apache and Nginx web servers.
- A strong fundamental knowledge of and experience with HTML, including HTML version 5.
- A strong fundamental knowledge of and experience using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for layout and styling control, including one or more common templating kits. Experience with web applications that can also target mobile devices (tablets and mobile phones) is a plus.
- A strong fundamental knowledge of and experience in one or more of the common Python web frameworks, with specific preference for Django.
- A strong fundamental knowledge of and experience with SQL. Specific experience in MySQL is a plus.
- Experience with MVC patterns, ORMs, and Web Services (client/servers).
- Experience with source code control systems. Specific experience with SVN or git is a plus.
- Ability to create and maintain a variety of technologies from AJAX-based user interfaces to thirdparty XML business integration feeds.
- Experience successfully implementing process improvement in a technology environment.
- Ability to comprehend and implement complex business requirements in an exacting manner.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and manage time efficiently to deliver projects of varying size.
- Experience with Agile software development practices (e.g. Scrum, Lean/Kanban).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels and functions.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to do limited travel to domestic locations.
- Must be detail oriented and analytical.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple complex work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to train/mentor junior developers.
- Be available after hours as required to provide operational support.
OVERVIEW OF TECHNOLOGIES AND ENVIRONMENTS:
Embedded Microcontrollers (MCUs) used in TR products are an 8-bit AVR® architecture from Microchip Technology Inc.’s ATmega line. Firmware code is written in C, and the Makefiles specify gnu99, GNU’s implementation of the C99 Standard. The GNU C compiler (gcc) is used, but a specific variant of it named avr-gcc, designed for the AVR architecture is employed. https://www.microchip.com/mplab/avrsupport/avr-and-arm-toolchains-c-compilers
PC Software A few pieces of Windows PC software exist to interact with TR products and for functions such as configuration, firmware updating, data collection, etc. Those software products are written in C or C++, GUI ones use the wxWidgets toolkit, gcc is the compiler used, and Code::Blocks is used, at least in some cases, for building the software.
TRCentral (TRC) and TIM (TRC Integration Module) TRCentral is a responsive web application built with ReactJS, Python, and Django, with a MySQL RDBMS. It runs under Nginx, on CentOS Linux.
TIMs (TRC Integration Modules) are built with Raspberry Pis running Raspbian Linux and operate intelligent gateways between the TR products at a given installation (radios, amplifiers, etc.) and TRCentral. TIM communication with the installed field equipment is via serial (RS232), but performed over a USB connection to the Pi, and is coded with pyserial. Communication with TRCentral is via web service calls. Most of the software logic in a TIM device is written in Python and it uses a local Redis data store. TIM device have local web consoles, built with ReactJS, Python and Django. There are Linux systems administration aspects TIM devices that fall within the purview of the TIM software, and so a working understanding of those aspects is important.
In addition to local web access to TIMs, and user access to TRCentral, TR Central provides email alerting for noteworthy events. Some work on SNMP has been done using pysnmp, but it is unfinished. Completing SNMP functionality is a customer requested feature.
General All software source code is hosted at GitLab.com.
For employment consideration, please use the this form to submit your resume including salary history and cover letter.
You can also mail your resume to:
Tunnel Radio of America
6435 NE Hyslop Road
Corvallis, Oregon 97330
Fax: (541) 758-1417