RF Design Engineer
The RF Design Engineer will be involved in and committed to research and development with an ability to manage projects for prototyping, seeking additional opportunities to create products that will move into new markets and incorporate new technologies. You will be working closely with Production, Sales and Leadership to troubleshoot and improve current designs, design and develop new products based on current core competencies. Needs to understand production process to help determine if new products can be manufactured on site. This position works closely with our RF Technicians and production for testing and feedback on design application.
What is Needed
- Ability to use PCB design software and 2D Cad software.
- Desire to produce new and commercially viable products to meet our customer’s needs.
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members and customers.
- Experience working with RF Communications and PCB design.
- Technical skills to create needed products and business awareness to be able to produce newly designed product in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical with a focus on RF, or an Associates’ Degree in a Technical Field and 5 years of verified RF design to the circuit level, or 8 + years of verified RF design to the circuit level, or equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the requirements
- Performing complex RF design and revisions of PCB (Printed Circuit Board) including schematic updates on current products and development of new product lines.
- Conduct research and work with third-party vendors, as appropriate
- Actively support the expansion of Tunnel Radio into new markets.
- Create prototypes to determine product feasibility
- Provide guidance on new design concepts.
- Conduct design feasibility studies using both computer and physical models, including analysis, testing and troubleshooting leading to design change/improvement
- Keep up to date on current technology changes, competitive developments and incorporate into new designs.
- Work with the Firmware and Software Engineers to ensure integration and usability.
- Maintain ISO9000 Documentation requirements.
- Create installation and commissioning instructions and manuals.
- Train RF Techs and support field deployment activities.
- Maintain established safety programs and contract compliance.
Additional attributes needed
- Ability to teach and explain concepts to a wide audience.
- Good understanding of production cost, timeline, quality and manufacturability for products.
- Solid RF Theory and demonstrated PCB design
- Willing to travel when necessary, may be up to 10% of your time
For employment consideration, please email your resume including salary history and cover letter to: HR@tunnelradio.com
You can also mail your resume to:
Tunnel Radio of America
6435 NE Hyslop Road
Corvallis, Oregon 97330
Fax: (541) 758-1417